So I thought I’d do a fitness post for you guys this week. For the past month, I’ve increased my exercise to 5 days a week since I’ve got some extra marriage weight to loose. If you’re looking to loose a few lbs, cardio is your best friend. I would love to be able to run 5 miles every day, but to be honest, I get bored very easy so that just doesn’t work for me. I like to switch it up quite a bit.
The great thing about switching things up is you confuse your body, you need to constantly challenge it to get results. When you have the perfect routine and start seeing results from sticking to it, it’s great, but after a month or so your body will get used to it and consume less energy. If you continue to change it up, you will burn more calories and start seeing more results in your weight loss.
Here are some of my tips and tricks for changing up my routine:
1. Do a different type of workout every day. I work out 5 days a week, one day is just cardio (1 hour) and abs, the other 4 days cardio (30min) and either arms or legs, plus abs. To keep my cardio different here are some of the things I do: treadmill (alternating between walking, running, sprinting, or just running a mile or 2), elliptical and treadmill (run 1 mile), stationary bikes, cardio and strength classes, combine 2 or 3 of these to change it up.
2. Always push yourself to do more than you did last time, don’t do a longer workout but look at the calories and speed and try to challenge yourself.
3. If you have a gym membership take advantage of free classes, I like turbo kick (it’s like a mix of kickboxing and zumba) and spin class to get the best cardio workouts.
4. Don’t just limit yourself to the gym and machines, you can run outside if the weather is nice (I can only handle it in the fall or spring), or do mix of things like jump rope, jumping jacks, knee highs, burpees, bear crawls and so on.
5. For a bonus workout go for a walk on your off day. Most Sunday evenings I go on walks with my husband. We have about 4 different parks we like to walk at, it’s very hot right now so we only do about 30 minute walks, but when it was a bit cooler out we liked to do a bit of hiking too.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked this post, let me know in the comments!