I’m switching my postings to Wednesdays, since Tuesdays are more on the busy side for me lately. These past few weeks I’ve gotten back into my gym-going routine, so my schedule is getting a bit fuller.
And speaking of my gym-going routine, you’ve got to get back to healthy eating as well am I right? So no more pizza and wings for us, we’re getting back on track. My husband gets very tired of healthy foods if I just keep making fish and chicken, so I try to change things up. This recipe is not a full-on healthy one, but it’s good for those days you just want something really good, but don’t want to overdo it with too many bad ingredients. Please excuse my sad picture, didn’t plan on posting it.
Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas Stir-Fry
1 1/2 lbs of shrimp (peeled and de-veined unless you want to peel them yourself). I boiled my shrimp, but you can use already cooked shrimp.
about 1 lb of sugar snap peas (I had a little less, cause we’ve been snacking on them)
4 cloves of garlic
red pepper flakes
1. Heat up your olive oil in a large pan, in the meantime chop your scallions and trim the snap peas. If you need to cook your shrimp, place a pot of salted water to boil and when it’s ready drop in your shrimp (takes about 3-4 minutes to cook).
2. Place your scallions and snap peas into the heated pan and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic (minced) and soy sauce (to taste) and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until the snap peas are fully cooked (you don’t want them too soft).
4. Add your cooked shrimp and red pepper flakes and mix well.
5. Serve with rice and enjoy!
My husband really loved this recipe, maybe because it’s something I’ve never made before.