I know I haven’t been posting any recipes, and it’s all because of my bad habit of not following specific directions when I cook. I recently made these chicken wraps that are one of my favorite easy go-to lunches. And I do happen to go by a pretty simple recipe for wraps, so I’ll share it with you guys.
Healthy Chicken Wrap
2 chicken breasts
4 wheat tortillas (medium or large)
lettuce or spinach
1 medium tomato
your choice of cheese, unless you’re being super healthy (I used 4 slices of Havarti with dill and cut them up into smaller pieces, you can also use shredded cheese)
fat free greek yogurt
ground mustard (you can find it in the spices section)
avocado (I was out so not used in the wrap pictured)
1. Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil and cut up your chicken like you would use it in a stir fry.
2. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and add it into the pan. Cook on medium heat until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. I use this time to prepare my other ingredients.
3. Heat a tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds (you can also do it in a clean sauce pan on the stove).
4. Spread a tablespoon of greek yogurt on the tortilla and sprinkle the ground mustard on top (If I’m out of greek yogurt I just use Dijon mustard instead and skip the ground one).
5. Place 1/4 of your chicken on top of the wrap and add the cheese, then pile on the rest of the ingredients and wrap it to your liking.
6. Repeat with the other 3 wraps.
7. Enjoy! And if you’re like me and like to annoy your husband/family by making everything pretty, wrap it in patterned wax paper 😉
And you should really try this with sliced turkey breast, I might like it even better than the chicken one.