I typically hate cooking with butternut squash due to the annoyingly hard time I have cutting it (I have yet to invest in quality knives). I did however buy some already cut-up into cubes, so as always, I turned to pinterest for a delicious recipe. I’m not the type to follow a recipe, so I scroll pinterest for a couple minutes and get a few ides, and just make up my own thing. And that’s how this Garlic and Herb Roasted Squash was born.
Garlic and Herb Roasted Squash with Walnuts
1 butternut squash cut into cubes
2 cloves of garlic
a few crushed walnuts
ground black pepper
your favorite herbs (fresh or dried)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and place cut up squash on the sheet
3. Drizzle olive oil until most of the squash is covered
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cinnamon
5. Add crushed walnuts and crushed garlic and mix the whole thing up well
6. Sprinkle with your favorite herbs
7. Bake/Roast for 20 minutes and enjoy
This would be amazing for the holiday table, mixed with cooked quinoa, cranberries, and brussels sprouts.